Cancun International Airport is the nearest airport to Tulum and serves the surrounding area. There are 120 kilometers between the airport and Tulum, which is roughly a 1.5-hour drive away. We can arrange for you to have a private driver service for your convenience, whether it is for a one-way or return journey.
Which airport is the most convenient to Tulum?
- Tulum International Airport Code consists of the IATA (3 letter airport codes) and the ICAO (4 letter airport codes) codes. Tulum Airport’s coordinates are as follows: latitude and longitude (Lat and Long) of Tulum Airport
- and The location of Tulum International Airport (with the city name, country, and country codes, among other things)
- Tulum International Airport Time Zone and Current Time at Tulum International Airport
Can you fly direct into Tulum?
In addition to the IATA (3 letter airport codes) and the ICAO (4 letter airport codes), Tulum has the following airport codes: Detailed coordinates for Tulum International Airport include the airport’s latitude and longitude (Lat and Long). Geographical location of Tulum International Airport, including the city name, the country name, and the country code; Tulum International Airport Time Zone and Current Time at Tulum International Airport
How far is Tulum from Cancun airport?
The distance between Tulum and Cancun International Airport is roughly 118 kilometers (73 miles) in length. Tulum may be reached by car in roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes from the Cancun International Airport. A variety of transportation choices are available to bring you from Cancun to Tulum, Mexico; the costs and conveniences vary depending on the one you choose.
Is it better to fly into Cancun or Tulum?
For those asking about the Cozumel airport, keep in mind that you must first take a boat from the island to Playa del Carmen, then drive south to Tulum, which is a 45-minute journey. Tulum is located 81 miles (131 kilometers) south of Cancun, making it the most convenient to fly into Cancun International Airport.
Is it better to fly into Cancun or Cozumel for Tulum?
Many travelers are split between arriving in Cozumel or Cancun when deciding which airport is the most convenient for getting to Tulum. If, on the other hand, you believe Cancun to be the greatest airport from which to travel to Tulum, you would most likely pick it since it would provide you with the opportunity to arrive in Tulum as soon as possible.
How long is the ride from Cancun to Tulum?
The travel from Cancun to Tulum takes just under two hours and is made possible by a single highway: Mexico Highway 307, which serves as the primary tourist corridor connecting Cancun with the capital city of Chetumal, which is located on the border with Belize, and the rest of the Yucatan Peninsula.
How do I get to Tulum from the airport?
In fact, the ADO bus is the only bus that travels within the confines of the airport. That is to say, if you prefer public transportation from Cancun International Airport to Tulum, this will be your only alternative. This bus operator provides multiple direct journeys from Cancun International Airport to Tulum every day, departing from all four terminals of the airport.
Is Tulum worth visiting?
Yes, without a doubt! It is less expensive than Cancun, yet it is also calmer and more relaxed than Cozumel. At addition to being an excellent base for exploring the cenotes and ruins, there’s usually something interesting going on at the beach or in one of the funky bars around.
How many days do you need in Tulum?
I would recommend setting aside 3 to 4 days for your trip to Tulum. This gives you enough time to view the ruins, go on a day excursion or two if you wish, and yet have time to relax on the beach and experience the best eateries in the area.
What do I need to know before going to Tulum?
Traveling to Tulum, Mexico? Here are some helpful hints.
- If you’re on a tight budget, consider staying in town. Make your trip during the off-season to get the greatest rates. Rent a bicycle to get around the region. Instead of dollars, use pesos. Make informed decisions about your cenotes. Reduce your trash and make use of biodegradable materials. Don’t forget to visit the ruins. Make a trip to the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve.
Is Tulum safe for travel?
It is fairly safe to travel to Tulum, according to the OSAC (Overseas Security Advisory Council), but tourists should exercise heightened vigilance in the region, the council says. Their alerts cover a wide range of topics, including cartel activities, Covid-19, poisoned water, and natural calamities, among others.
What is the closest city to Tulum Mexico?
Approximately 81 miles [131 kilometers] south of Cancun is the town of Tulum. Arriving at the airport:
- Taking the ADO (or another bus line) to Playa del Carmen, then transferring to the Tulum bus or Colectivo (marked shuttle van)
- Taking a taxi or car from the airport to the hotel in Tulum. Airport transportation services are available for booking online at the link below.
How long is ferry ride from Cozumel to Tulum?
What is the duration of the boat ride from Cozumel to Tulum? The journey takes around 45 minutes from the time you board to the time you disembark, while the actual moving duration is closer to 30 minutes.