State Abbreviations with Two Letters
What does the state of New Mexico represent?
- The state flag of New Mexico is comprised of a red sun sign of the Zia on a field of yellow with a white border. Colours that pay homage to Isabella I of Castile, her Habsburg successors, and the conquistadors who traveled the world in her honor.
What state is MD stand for?
Maryland is a state in the United States (US postal abbreviation MD)
Is LA the abbreviation for Louisiana?
Louisiana is officially abbreviated as La., which is the legal abbreviation.
What are some good abbreviations?
Text abbreviations that are often used
- In case you missed it, ROFL stands for “rolling on the floor laughing.”
- STFU is for “stop using the *swear word! *.”
- TLDR stands for “too long, didn’t read.” LMK: Please let me know.
- NVM: Forget about it.
- TGIF: Thank heavens it’s Friday.
- TBH: To be completely honest with you.
Why is DC not in Washington?
Washington, DC, is not a state; rather, it is a district of the United States. DC is an abbreviation for the District of Columbia. According to the United States Constitution, a territory “not exceeding 10 miles square” would be established to serve as the “Second City” and “Seat” of government of the United States.
What state is AZ?
Pennsylvania, formally the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is a component state of the United States of America and one of the original thirteen American colonies, having been established in 17 Pennsylvania.
Is MA a MD?
Maryland’s state abbreviation has caused some confusion; some people believe that it is the first two letters of the state’s name, as with the majority of other states, which would result in the abbreviation MA. However, this is incorrect. However, this is not the case; the state abbreviation for Maryland is actually the first and final letters of the state’s name, “MD.”
What is correct MD or MD?
In medicine, the name M.D. (with or without the periods) is used to refer to a doctor who specializes in medicine.
What does Va stand for state?
Virginia is an acronym for the state of Virginia in the United States.